If you’re a pasta lover who’s also trying to sneak in some extra veggies into your diet, this recipe is a game-changer! Zucchini Fettuccine Alfredo takes the classic creamy pasta dish and gives it a healthy twist by replacing traditional fettuccine with thinly sliced zucchini noodles. The result? A delectable, guilt-free meal that’s bursting with flavour and goodness. This recipe is both satisfying and surprisingly easy to prepare. So, let’s dive into how to create this mouthwatering dish that’s perfect for any occasion.
This recipe is:
Zucchini Fettuccine Alfredo is a delightful alternative to the classic pasta dish that’s just as creamy and indulgent but with a healthy twist. The zucchini noodles provide a refreshing and slightly crisp texture, perfectly complementing the rich and velvety Alfredo sauce. Whether you’re looking to impress your family or guests with a restaurant-worthy meal or simply craving a comforting yet guilt-free dinner, this recipe has got you covered. Give it a try, and you’ll wonder why you haven’t made the switch to zucchini noodles sooner! Enjoy your creamy, dreamy, and nutritious Zucchini Fettuccine Alfredo.
My Latest Vidoes
For the Zucchini Fettuccine:
- 2-4 medium-sized zucchinis (2 if using gluten free noodles with zoodles)
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove finely grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Alfredo Sauce:
- 2 cups half and half 10% cream
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup aged white cheddar
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly grounbd nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
For the Toppings
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- Maldon Salt Flakes
- Freshly Ground Pepper
How to make Zucchini Fettuccine Alfredo
1. Prepare the zucchini noodles
Making zucchini noodles (aka zoodles) is so quick and easy! My favourite way to make the zoodles that look like fettuccine is with a vegetable peeler. Check out my follow-along video here to make them along with me!
- Hold the zucchini firmly in one hand and the vegetable peeler firmly in the other. Slide the down the zucchini lengthwise from top to bottom, creating long, thin, wide strips.
- Pile the strips on top of one another aligning the edges.
- Continue until you reach the seeds in the centre.
- Flip the zucchini and repeat on all 4 sides until only the centre with seeds is left. You can discard this centre piece or use for another recipe.
- Slice the peeled strips into the desired width of noodle.
2. make the alfredo sauce
- In a large skillet or pot, warm the half and half cream over a medium-low heat.
- Add in cream cheese cubes and whisk until melted.
- Whisk in sea salt, nutmeg and white pepper. Simmer on low for 5 mins.
- Slowly stir in grated parmesan and cheddar cheeses. Simmer on low and mix continuously until the sauce thickens and becomes creamy. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Remember that the Parmesan cheese can be salty, so go easy on the salt if needed.
3. Cook the Zucchini Fettuccine
- In a separate pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the zucchini noodles and sauté for about 1-2 minutes until they are slightly softened but still have a nice crunch.
- Season the zucchini noodles with salt and pepper to taste (if desired).
cook Gluten Free Noodles (if using)
If you are using both zoodles and gluten free noodles for this dish, cook the noodles according to the package directions, rinse in cool water and strain.
4. Combine and Serve
- If using gluten free noodles, transfer them once cooked to the skillet with the Alfredo sauce & toss.
- Transfer the sautéed zucchini noodles to the skillet with the Alfredo sauce and noodles.
- Toss everything together gently until the zucchini noodles are coated evenly with the creamy sauce.
- Cook for an additional 1 minutes, allowing the flavours to meld.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley, pepper, salt flakes and nutmeg if desired.
More zucchini noodle recipe ideas!
- Pasta-Style: Top your zoodles with your favourite pasta sauce, grated Parmesan cheese (try my Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Noodles) and fresh herbs for a classic pasta experience.
- Stir-Fry: Incorporate zoodles into a stir-fry with colourful veggies and your choice of protein (e.g. tofu or chicken) for a healthy, low-carb meal. Add a savoury sauce for extra flavour.
- Salad: Add raw zoodles to your salad for a refreshing crunch and added nutrients.
- Zoodle Bake: Layer the zoodles in a baking dish with marinara sauce, cheese, and any desired toppings (like ground meat or mushrooms). Bake until bubbly and golden for a zoodle casserole.
- Zoodle Tacos: Use leftover zoodles as a filling for tacos or taco bowls. Add seasoned ground meat or beans, salsa, avocado, and cheese for a tasty Tex-Mex twist.
Want more delicious recipes & or how to guides at your fingertips?
Get updates on our latest posts & recipes from TurmericMeCrazy straight to your inbox!
By clicking subscribe you are consenting to receive emails from TurmericMeCrazy. I will only email you monthly with new recipes & updates. No spam I promise!
Pay It Forward
I hope you LOVE this Zucchini Fettuccine Alfredo as much as we do! If so, please feel free to share the link to this page on your social media or PIN this picture to your Pinterest account.
I want to once again extend my deepest gratitude & thanks in advance for subscribing to my blog & YouTube Channel as well as following me & liking my posts on Pinterest, FaceBook & Instagram! All of your comments and ratings on my recipes & social media is truly one of the most supportive things you can do for me! So thank you ever so much.
PLEASE RATE & COMMENT
If you try making this Creamy Zucchini Fettuccine Alfredo and you love it, I’d be ever so grateful if you’d please add a comment & a rating onto the recipe below or at the bottom of the post ♡. This will help Google recognize it and help my website grow.
Thank you once again for your readership & support.
- 1 Large Pot
- 1 Whisk
- 473 mL Half and Half Cream (10%)
- 120 g Cream Cheese, cut into cubes (1/2 block)
- ¾ tsp Maldon Fine Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Freshly Ground Nutmeg *optional
- ¼ tsp Ground White Pepper
- 50 g Parmesan Cheese, grated (1/3 cup)
- 50 g Aged White Cheddar Cheese I use Balderson
- 2 medium Zucchini - cut into noodles *see my post for instructions
- ½ tsp Olive Oil
- 450 g Gluten Free Fettuccine Noodles *I use Rizopia fettuccine rice noodles, but you can sub with all zucchini noodles for grain free, low-carb
- 1 sprig Flat leaf, Italian Parsley chopped
- 1 pinch Maldon Sea Salt Flakes
- 1 pinch Freshly Ground Pepper
- Add half and half cream to a skillet or large pot and heat over medium-low heat, add in cream cheese cubes and whisk until melted.473 mL Half and Half Cream (10%), 120 g Cream Cheese, cut into cubes
- Whisk in sea salt, nutmeg and white pepper. Simmer on low for 5 mins.3/4 tsp Maldon Fine Sea Salt, 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Nutmeg, 1/4 tsp Ground White Pepper
- Slowly stir in grated parmesan and cheddar cheeses. Simmer on low and mix continuously until all cheese has melted and is incorporated (about 5 mins).50 g Parmesan Cheese, grated, 50 g Aged White Cheddar Cheese
- If using gluten free pasta, cook according to package instructions.450 g Gluten Free Fettuccine Noodles
- Make zucchini fettuccine noodles by using a vegetable peeler (see link in post above for a detailed video and written guide).2 medium Zucchini - cut into noodles
- Use zucchini noodles raw or slightly cooked. To cook, drizzle olive oil into a pan and warm over medium-high heat. Add zucchini noodles and toss continuously for 1-2 mins maximum. The noodles should be just warmed cooked. They will slightly soften but will still be al dente. Remove from heat and add to dish immediately. Do not overcook or let sit in the hot pan as they will become mushy.1/2 tsp Olive Oil
Create your dish
- Toss the gluten free noodles with the Alfredo sauce, then add zucchini noddles and gently toss again.
- Add optional toppings and enjoy hot!1 sprig Flat leaf, Italian Parsley, 1 pinch Maldon Sea Salt Flakes, 1 pinch Freshly Ground Pepper
Can I eat Zoodles RAW?
Absolutely! In fact, this is my favourite way to eat zucchini! I love using them raw & adding them to my favourite gluten free pasta dishes (like Zucchini Fettuccine Alfredo), or throwing them into a salad. The crisp but soft texture is my favourite! Give it a try! Let me know how you like it.