Everything pumpkin spice is nice with this Perfect Pumpkin Spice Mix! I’ll show you how to make a pumpkin spice blend from scratch! Use this aromatic spice blend to make a Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte or Pumpkin Chai Latte to rival Starbucks without all of the added processed sugars & additives! Add this spice mix to your favourite dessert to make a pumpkin spice recipe of your own! You’ll love the divine smell & delicious flavours of this pumpkin spice mix.
Use this amazing tasting, full flavoured pumpkin spice mix to make a delicious pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins or absolutely anything pumpkin spice! Substitute this homemade pumpkin spice blend for any recipe that calls for pumpkin spice or pumpkin pie spice. You can even use it to replace ground cinnamon in a recipe to improve its depth and flavour!
I added a special key spice, cardamom to this beautifully aromatic spice mix and I think it is the key to why spice mix is so incredible.
ingredients in pumpkin spice MIX
SIMPLE, HEALTHY INGREDIENTS
I like to make a big ol’ batch of this incredibly aromatic spice mix as I just LOVE it! However, my recipe is for the perfect amount to add to my Perfect Pumpkin Spice Syrup. Please feel free to double or even triple the batch using the 1x, 2x, or 3x buttons on my recipe below.
- GINGER (ground)
- NUTMEG (I use whole nutmeg & ground it myself – so yummy)
- CLOVES (ground)
- CARDAMOM (my key ingredient that puts this pumpkin spice over the top)
- BLACK PEPPER (just a very small pinch will add a special uniqueness to this blend)
LET'S MAKE pumpkin spice MIX!
IN 1 SIMPLE STEP!
STEP 1: Whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Ensure to remove all of the clumps!
STEP 2: Use a funnel to pour the spice mixture into a glass jar with a tight fitting lid.
STEP 3: Add to your favourite dishes like Pumpkin Spice Latte!
NOTE: Make sure to check all of your spices for freshness! Check the expiry dates and make sure they still SMELL fresh and aromatic.
USES FOR pumpkin spice BLEND
This pumpkin spice blend is absolutely lovely used anywhere you typically use cinnamon like on top of a latte or yogurt or any dessert!
- Make PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES.
- Make some PUMPKIN SPICE SYRUP to
- Spice up your plain yogurt with a little sprinkle of Pumpkin Spice Blend.
- Create a fall version of Chai latte! Add a few tablespoons of Pumpkin Spice Syrup and voila!
- Add to your favourite pancake recipe for Pumpkin Spice Pancakes.
- Drizzle over hot french toast or pancakes
- Drizzle over hot baked Brie for a lovely fall appetizer.
- CREATE your own!
Please share your favourite way to use pumpkin spice BLEND!
How long can i store pumpkin spice blend?
The freshness of your spices really influences how long you can store this blend. Check each of your individual spices for freshness or better yet, buy them all at once fresh. If all of the ingredients are new, they should last for 1-2 years as per most spices.
Just make sure to store your spice blend in a room temperature, dry spot like a pantry, drawer or cupboard.
PIN THIS pumpkin spice Blend RECIPE!
Please follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook & YouTube.
Already on Pinterest?
Feel free to PIN the picture below for future reference & so others can find it too
MOre pumpkin recipes...
please rate & comment
I sure do hope that you’ll try this homemade, healthier, cheaper & in my opinion more delicious version of Pumpkin Spice Syrup! Aside from being incredibly delicious, it is so quick and easy to make. If you try it, I’d be ever so grateful if you’d put a positive rating & comment onto the recipe above or at the bottom of the post.
Happy Fall everyone!
- Whisk all the ingredients together ensuring to remove all clumps.
- Pour spice mixture into a glass jar with a tight fitting lid. Store in a dry place at room temperature.
- Add to your favourite recipes, like my Pumpkin Spice Latte!
- Make sure to check all of your spices for freshness! Check the expiry dates and make sure they still SMELL fresh and aromatic.
- This recipe makes the perfect amount of spice blend to add to my Pumpkin Spice Syrup Recipe. Feel free to double, triple or more this recipe to store in your pantry and use as a 1:1 substitute for any recipe that calls for pumpkin spice or even cinnamon!