I am seriously obsessed with this Pumpkin Spice Latte! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Fall! All of the colours, the slightly cooler temperatures, but most of all the Pumpkin Spice!
Make a Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte or even a Pumpkin Chai Latte to rival Starbucks without all of the added processed sugars & additives! Use a plant based milk and this recipe is vegan, dairy & refined sugar free!
Faster than you can drive to your nearest Starbucks you can have a steamy & delicious, healthier & cheaper version of a Pumpkin Spice Latte!
Many coffee shops use pre-made pumpkin spice syrup. Have you ever had a chance to look at the ingredients list on those syrups? I was shocked at all of the additives & sugar! So skip the line at the coffee shop & try this healthier version of Pumpkin Spice Latte!
Did you know that you can easily make a Pumpkin Spice Mix at home with spices you probably already have in your pantry? Check out my easy recipe that adds a unique ingredient that will take your pumpkin spice to the next level!
ingredients in pumpkin spice LATTE
3 SIMPLE, HEALTHY INGREDIENTS
You really only need a handful of ingredients to make an incredibly creamy, cozy and delicious pumpkin spice latte at home. Its naturally sweetened so won’t give you the sugar crash afterwards!
I like to make a big ol’ batch of pumpkin spice syrup as I just LOVE my pumpkin spice lattes! However, if you’d like to make a single latte, please feel free to quarter this recipe to your liking.
- ESPRESSO: I like my lattes made with espresso as I find it much more flavourful & full bodied.
- PUMPKIN SPICE SYRUP: See my recipe HERE for this healthy alternative to store bought sugar packed syrup.
- MILK: I can eat dairy so I use 3.5% milk, however I also love this latte with Oat Milk for a vegan & dairy free latte.
- OPTIONAL: Top your latte with some lovely whipped cream, a dash of Pumpkin Spice and a cinnamon stick to make it a little fancier.
Many coffee shops use pre-made pumpkin spice syrup. Have you ever had a chance to look at the ingredients list on those syrups? I was shocked at all of the additives & sugar!
This homemade version uses real pumpkin puree. Make sure to use Pure Pumpkin Puree either from the can or that you’ve blended yourself (from a roasted pumpkin of course). Don’t use pumpkin pie filling as it already has spices added and it often contains wheat and additives!
I’d highly recommend making your own Pumpkin Spice Mix with my quick & easy recipe! It has a special ingredient that I think takes this Pumpkin Spice to the next level! You’ll love how easy & delicious this pumpkin spice latte becomes using my Pumpkin Spice Mix!
If you prefer you can use a store bought pumpkin spice blend.
LET'S MAKE a pumpkin spice latte!
IN 4 SIMPLE STEPS!
STEP 1: Froth your milk with your preferred method. I use a Breveilla milk frother.
STEP 2: Brew your espresso and place it in your favourite mug!
STEP 3: Add Pumpkin Spice Syrup to the brewed espresso & whisk well until combined.
STEP 4: Pour frothed milk on top of the pumpkin espresso. Reserve some foam & scoop it on top.
OPTIONAL: Top with your favourite whipped cream! Decorate with a little extra Pumpkin Spice & a cinnamon stick if you’d like to get a little fancy ♡.
- If you don’t want to make a big batch of the Pumpkin Spice Syrup – feel free to just make a single serving amount.
- Don’t want to make your own Pumpkin Spice Blend? Trust me you’ll love it if you do! But, if you already have a store bought pumpkin spice or pumpkin pie mix please feel free to use it.
KID VERSION pumpkin spice steamer
KIDS love a Pumpkin Spice Steamer! Add a few tablespoons to steamed milk for a caffeine free Pumpkin Spice Latte!
KIDS love a Pumpkin Spice Steamer! Add a few tablespoons to steamed milk for a caffeine free Pumpkin Spice Latte aka Pumpkin Spice Steamer! HINT, HINT, some adults love it too! ♡
Since this Pumpkin Spice Syrup contains either fresh or canned pumpkin puree with no additives, it will perish like all fresh foods, but will stay fresh for a week.
You can also freeze any excess syrup (for up to a year) and thaw on the counter when the cravings hit!
I store my syrup in the refrigerator. It does thicken up in the cold, so you may want to store it in a jar rather than a bottle.
Please share your favourite way to use pumpkin spice syrup!
Please follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook & YouTube.
PIN THIS pumpkin spice LATTE RECIPE!
Already on Pinterest?
Feel free to PIN the picture below for future reference & so others can find it too.
please rate & comment
I sure do hope that you’ll try this homemade, healthier, cheaper & in my opinion more delicious version of a Pumpkin Spice Latte! Aside from being incredibly delicious, it is so quick and easy to make. If you try it, I’d be ever so grateful if you’d put a positive rating & comment onto the recipe above or at the bottom of the post.
Happy Fall everyone!
- Milk Frother Optional (can use a pot on the stove)
- 2 shots Espresso
- 1 cup Milk (choose one that froths well). Any dairy or plant based milk works, but we like oat milk
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Spice Syrup already includes the delicious spices
- Whipped Cream (optional - but why not?) For vegan and dairy free - try coconut whipped cream
- Froth your milk with your preferred method. I use a Breville milk frother which I love!1 cup Milk
- Brew your espresso and place it in your favourite mug.2 shots Espresso
- Add Pumpkin Spice Syrup to the brewed espresso & whisk well until combined.2 Tbsp Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- Pour frothed milk on top of the pumpkin espresso. Reserve some foam & scoop it on top.
- Top with your favourite whipped cream! Decorate with a little extra Pumpkin Spice & a cinnamon stick if you'd like to get a little fancy.Whipped Cream
- If you don't want to make a big batch of the Pumpkin Spice Syrup - feel free to just make a single serving amount.
- Don't want to make your own Pumpkin Spice Blend? Trust me you'll love it if you do! But, if you already have a store bought pumpkin spice mix please feel free to use it.
So delicious! Thanks for sharing!
You’re most welcome and thank you!
Oh my goodness! This is to die for! Thank you 😍
I’m so very happy to hear you love it!
How sweet are you! Thank you.
This is SO good! I use oat half n half and mmm! It is so rich and good! I’m addicted.
Oat half & half is a perfect idea! Thanks for sharing and I’m so happy you like it ♥︎.
This pumpkin spice latte is so good I could drink it all day long! Thank you for all of your amazing recipes.
Hahaha! I know what you mean. It truly is that good isn’t it?! Thank you for your kind words Ella ♡