The best part is it is completely gluten free, dairy free, corn free, rice free & has a soy free option!
Use this simple turkey marinade to cook your turkey & the pan juices will create THE MOST INCREDIBLE GRAVY YOU’VE EVER TASTED! Then you can delight your family with my incredibly tasty poutine with the left over gravy!
This recipe was inspired & adapted from Christina Ferrare’s Turkey Marinade Recipe. If you’d like to check out her original recipe (that is not gluten free but equally delicious) you can find it here.
Why you'll love it ♥︎
- EASY to make with SIMPLE step by step instructions & video.
- Adaptable depending on your dietary needs.
- Tastes so delicious you’ll have found your new favourite marinade!
- Turkey is so moist & flavourful!
- Makes the most delicious & flavourful gravy from the drippings.
- No corn starch to thicken gravy!
Here you’ll find everything you need for your holiday turkey dinner!
Here you’ll find easy to follow instructions, including photo instructions & videos, to easily make my pizza crust!
Please check out my video instructional guide here that make this recipe so easy to follow!
GOT SOME LEFT OVER GRAVY FROM YOUR HOLIDAY DINNER? Don’t use it all on left over turkey! Boring right?! Save a little and try something new! FREEZE a cup or so of your left over gravy and make The Most Incredible Canadian Poutine! You’ll be SO happy you did! It a special treat the whole family will LOVE!
After every holiday dinner that I serve turkey with gravy (3x/year), we make Poutine! The kids go crazy over it! It is absolutely delicious! If you’re thinking…WHAT LEFT OVER GRAVY? Mine gets all gobbled up! I hear you. I make extra just for this purpose!
4 SIMPLE INGREDIENTS IN TURKEY MARINADE
TURKEY – I use a 15 lb turkey but you can use this recipe for a larger turkey as well. Simply add more or less chicken broth as needed.
- DIJON MUSTARD – lends an incredible flavour to this recipe & helps tenderize the turkey meat & hold in moisture.
- GLUTEN FREE TAMARI (OR COCONUT AMINOS (soy free) – brings incredible flavour to the marinade &
- LEMONS – the acidity in the freshly juiced lemons add a lovely flavour but also help tenderize the meat & keep it super moist.
- GARLIC – who doesn’t love what garlic does for any meat really?
4 SIMPLE INGREDIENTS IN GRAVY
- TURKEY PAN JUICES – I use a 15 pound turkey but you can use this recipe for a larger turkey as well. Simply add more or less chicken broth as needed.
- ORGANIC CHICKEN BROTH – you can use water or vegetable broth. I find chicken broth is so much more flavourful!
- ARROWROOT POWDER – used to thicken the gravy. You can sub with tapioca or potato starch.
- DRY SHERRY OR COOKING WINE – to give a lovely kick of flavour. This is optional and the gravy tastes incredible with or without it.
- FRESHLY GROUND PEPPER – give a kick & finishes off the gravy.
How to make simple TURKEY MARINADE & ROAST TURKEY
- Prep the turkey – clean out the insides, rinse & pat dry with a paper towel. I compost the insides but if you like to use them feel free!
- Tie turkey legs together with kitchen string & add to a large roasting pan.
- Mix all marinade ingredients together & pour marinade over turkey, add 1 cup of the chicken broth to the bottom of your turkey roasting pan, cover with foil & bake in preheated oven at 350°F (177°C) for 2 hours. If using convection roast setting your turkey will cook much faster!
- After 2 hours, add hot chicken broth to pan & stir, then baste turkey. Cover & baste every 30-45 mins until turkey reaches 185°F internal temperature (3-4 hours). Uncover for last 30 mins to brown.
- Remove from heat & let rest for at least 30 mins.
How to make GRAVY
- While turkey is resting, take pan juices from cooked turkey, skim fat, add 2 cups of chicken broth, stir, then strain into a pot. Whisk in sherry if desired. Bring to a slow boil.
- Make a slurry with 2 Tbps arrowroot starch & 1/4 cup cold chicken broth (whisk until lumps gone then, add to pot & whisk together.
- Slowly increase heat to a low boil, and continue adding slurry (as above) to the pot until reach desired consistency.
- Whisk in freshly ground pepper.
Want more delicious recipes at your fingertips?
Get updates on our latest posts & recipes from TurmericMeCrazy straight to your inbox!
By clicking subscribe you are consenting to receive emails from TurmericMeCrazy. I will only email you monthly with new recipes & updates. No spam I promise!
PIN THIS GLUTEN FREE TURKEY MARINADE RECIPE
Already on Pinterest? Please feel free to PIN the picture below for future reference & so others can find it too.
- 1 15lb Turkey fresh or fully thawed
- 1 ½ cups Dijon Mustard
- ¾ cup Tamari (gluten free or Coconut Aminos) Coconut Aminos for soy free
- 5 Lemons fresh, juiced
- 3 cloves Garlic pressed & finely chopped
STUFF INSIDE THE TURKEY
- 2 Lemons quartered, stuff inside turkey
- 1 Onion quartered, stuff inside turkey
- 4 cloves Garlic pressed, stuff inside turkey
- 1 large bunch Fresh Poultry Herbs stuff 1/2 inside turkey, other 1/2 in pan
POUR OVER TURKEY @ BASTING TIME
- 3 cups Orangic Chicken Broth
- 4-5 cups Organic Chicken Broth
- ¼ cup Arrowroot Powder
- ¼ cup Dry Sherry (optional)
- Freshly Ground Pepper (to taste)
- Pan Juices from Roasted Turkey
- Prep turkey by cleaning out insides & rinsing well. Pat dry with paper towel. Tie legs together, & place in large roasting pan.
- Pour marinade over turkey, add 1 cup of chicken broth to bottom of roasting pan, cover with foil & bake in preheated oven at 350°F (177°C) for 2 hours. (use convection roast if you have this setting on your oven).1 15lb Turkey, 1 1/2 cups Dijon Mustard, 3/4 cup Tamari (gluten free or Coconut Aminos), 5 Lemons, 2 Lemons, 1 Onion, 4 cloves Garlic, 1 large bunch Fresh Poultry Herbs
- After 2 hours, add hot chicken broth to pan & stir, then baste turkey. Cover & baste every 30 mins until turkey reaches 185°F internal temperature (3-4 hours). Uncover for last 30 mins to brown.3 cups Orangic Chicken Broth
- Remove from heat & let rest for at least 30 mins.
- While turkey is resting, take pan juices from cooked turkey, skim fat, add 2 cups of chicken broth, stir, then strain into a pot. Whisk in sherry if desired. Bring to a slow boil.4-5 cups Organic Chicken Broth, 1/4 cup Dry Sherry
- Make a slurry with 2 Tbps arrowroot starch & 1/4 cup cold chicken broth (whisk until lumps gone then, add to pot & whisk together.1/4 cup Arrowroot Powder, 4-5 cups Organic Chicken Broth
- Slowly increase heat to a low boil, and continue adding slurry to pot until reach desired consistency. You don't have to use all of the chicken broth. Use as much as you need to reach your desired consistency & amount of gravy! Remember make extra for POUTINE!
- Whisk in freshly ground pepper (optional).Freshly Ground Pepper
- I use a MEATER that allows me to roast my turkey to perfection easily! I highly recommend it!
- If you have Convection Roast on your oven, use this setting as it cooks the turkey perfectly & faster too! Just make sure to watch the temperature! I find it cooks so much faster that I will baste every 15 mins after the 1st 2 hours as it will be close to ready!
I sure do hope you love this Gluten Free Turkey Marinade Recipe & find it makes the most delicious gravy! If you try it, I’d be ever so grateful if you’d please add a comment & a rating onto the recipe below or at the bottom of the post ♡. This will help Google recognize it and help my website grow.
Thank you once again for your readership & support.
Happy Holidays everyone!