(Frappés in a jar)
Keep your family cool this summer with our Family of Summertime Frappés in a Jar! These tasty treats are the perfect way to kick off the summer and there’s a flavour to delight everyone in the family! Make these with coffee or without for a refreshing summer treat that is additive, gum & processed sugar free!
QUICK 1 MIN HOW TO VIDEOS FOR EACH FLAVOUR!
These incredibly delicious iced drinks are inspired by the creamy blended Frappuccino made famous by Starbucks, but inspired by the Greek Frappé which was made from instant coffee and ice!
So many of us love Starbucks Frappuccinos! But did you know that the flavoured syrup added to these tasty treats is made with not only a ton of sugar, but also, salt, xanthan gum (a processed thickening agent), & several preservatives that are hard to even pronounce!
The GOOD NEWS is that is is SUPER EASY to make a homemade version of the Frappuccino Base that is xanthan gum & other additive free, processed sugar & salt free, and is made from 4 natural ingredients! Simply water, pure maple syrup, pure vanilla & psyllium husk.
You’ll just love the delicious flavour and incredibly smooth, texture of our Family of Summertime Frappés in a jar! There’s a flavour to delight everyone in the family ♡.
CONTENTS (JUMP TO ANYTIME)
- DO I REALLLY NEED TO ADD THE FRAPPÉ BASE?
- PIN THIS RECIPE TO PINTEREST – for later use
- INGREDIENTS IN FAMILY OF SUMMERTIME FRAPPÉS
- HOW TO MAKE A SUMMERTIME FRAPPÉ
- VIDEO GUIDE – THE BEST SUMMERTIME FRAPPÉS
DO I REALLY NEED TO ADD THE FRAPPÉ BASE?
You may be thinking, “Why do I need the base anyways? Can’t I just omit it?” The answer is yes you can, but the secret to making perfect Frappés at home that taste even better than store bought is the Frappé Base.
The Frappé Base:
- Transforms an iced drink into a smooth, thick, creamy one just like the ones that Starbucks has made SO irresistible to so many around the world!
- Made from all natural ingredients that will improve the texture & flavour of your Frappé significantly!
- Recipe will make enough base for an entire Family of Summertime Frappés
Already on Pinterest? Please feel free to PIN the following image:
Have you ever thought of Frappés or Frappuccinos as healthy? Me either. These Family of Frappés definitely still contain fats & sugars and should be consumed in moderation. However, the ingredients are all pure & totally natural, so as far as treats go, they are much better for you when made at home!
INGREDIENTS IN FRAPPÉ BASE
- Pure Maple Syrup
Did you know that Pure Canadian Maple Syrup is naturally vegan as they do not use any animal by-products at all in production! How do I know this? My husbands Uncle has a Maple Tree Farm in which they collect the maple sap, and produce Maple Syrup in their amazing “Sugar Camp”! I have witnessed 1st hand the hard work and dedication that goes into boiling the maple sap, canning it and producing the most incredible delicious natural sweetener!
- Warm Water
Used to help create the “gel” for the Frappé Base.
- Pure Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Bean
I like to add both Pure Vanilla Extract & a the seeds of a Vanilla Bean Pod to my Frappé Base. However, vanilla bean pods can be expensive so I often opt for just pure vanilla extract and it does the trick!
WHAT IS PSYLLIUM HUSK ANYWAY?
- Psyllium Husk
Psyllium is a form of soluble fiber from a plant called Plantago Ovata, that grows worldwide but is most common in India. The plant produces gel-coated seeds, from which psyllium husk is derived.
Psyllium is one of the main ingredients in Metamucil! So needless to say it is incredibly good for the intestinal tract and in fact it enhances the digestive process & has prebiotic effects. Psyllium husk is very rich in fibre and can help improve & prevent constipation and haemorrhoid pain. Research is even showing it can help manage diabetes and may even lower risk of developing diabetes! On top of all of that psyllium husk is heart healthy, may help decrease blood pressure, decrease cholesterol & can help with weight management. Psyllium contains antibacterial compounds that help eliminate toxins in the body & in turn give you healthy glowing skin! You can find psyllium husk at most grocers and health stores (e.g. Blush Lane Organics).
INGREDIENTS IN FAMILY OF SUMMERTIME FRAPPÉS
No matter whether you want a good kick of espresso or not! Or whether you’re dairy free or not! You’ll find a flavour that will suit your summertime cravings.
The sky is the limit! Some options we love are Coconut Whip Cream, Maple Whip Cream, Coco Caramel Drizzle, Fresh Fruit and or Salted Caramel Flakes. You can find my recipes to each of these quick & easy to make toppings by clicking the links. You can certainly chose to use store bought versions of my toppings but we think these versions are so easy and delicious, that they are worth the little extra effort! The entire family of summertime frappés are also incredibly delicious without any toppings at all (for a lower calorie option).
HOW TO MAKE A FAMILY OF SUMMERTIME FRAPPÉS
* For step by step quick instructions see recipe card below
HOW TO 1 MIN VIDEO GUIDES
Please check out the below instructional videos for each of my 4 flavours of Summertime Frappés and my Frappé Base.
NOTE: You are certainly not limited to my flavour options! You can chose any fruit, coffee or tea combination you’d like. Just use my amounts as a guide. If you try something new, please let me know how it turns out!
Ok, lets get right to it and make us some incredibly delicious FRAPPÉS!
Step 1: Make your Frappé Base
Step 2: Blend up your Frappé
Step 3: Add your favourite toppings & enjoy!
VIDEO GUIDE – THE BEST SUMMERTIME FRAPPÉS
I hope you all LOVE this recipe inspired by my loving children who are always willing help me create flavour options & be enthusiastic taste testers! If you make this recipe, please be sure to rate it and leave a comment below. Or take a pic, upload it to Instagram and tag #Turmeric_Me_Crazy. If you have questions, please contact me. Please subscribe to keep up to date with my latest recipes.
Thanks again for your readership!
Hugs and love,
Please follow me on Pinterest, Instagram & Facebook
Already on Pinterest?
Feel free to PIN the picture below for future reference & so others can find it too 🙏🏻
- 1 High Speed Blender I recommend a Blendtec or a Vitamix
- 1 Mason Jar I use Bernardin 750 mL wide mouth jars
- 2 Tbsp Frappé Base see link for quick & easy recipe
- 1 cup 2% Milk or any plant based milk
- 2 Tbsp Heavy cream (optional) coconut cream for vegan & dairy free option
- 1 cup Crushed Ice
- 1 tsp Matcha Powder I love ceremonial grade matcha
- 1 Tbsp Hot Water (NOT boiling)
- 1 Tbsp Coco Caramel Drizzle or Maple Syrup see link for quick & easy recipe
- ¼ cup Maple Whip Cream add a little maple syrup to your fav whip!
- ¼ cup Coconut Whip Cream made from Coconut Milk
- Sprinkle Salted Caramel Flakes see link for quick & easy recipe
- Whisk together matcha with hot water to make a paste (ensure there are no lumps).
- If desired, place a little coco caramel drizzle or maple syrup in the bottom of a tall Bernardin jar.
- In a high speed blender, blend together frappé base, heavy cream, milk or coconut milk, matcha paste & ice. Blend on medium-high for 20 seconds until well blended.
- Add to jar & top with optional toppings to your liking.
- See post for all the other delicious flavours as well as links to each for quick video instructions!
- Coco Caramel / Creme Coffee Frappé (Vegan, Dairy Free with Coconut Whip)
- Mango Coconut Creme Frappé (Vegan, Dairy Free with Coconut Whip)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Frappé (Vegan & Dairy Free Option)
PLEASE RATE & COMMENT
I know you’ll just love these delectable Family of Summertime Frappés! Aside from being incredibly delicious, they are free from all those nasty additives & processed sugars! If you try it, please add a rating onto the recipe above or at the bottom of the post as it helps Google recognize the recipe & my website which will help show it to more people. I’d love to see our community grow! ♡
Please enjoy this special summertime treat!